For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy birthday you lucky man

Well another birthday come and gone. Forty six down and only God knows how many left, I hope another thirty anyway.I do not know how it will end but I found out tonight how it started . My mother came over tonight to wish me happy birthday and was telling Kenny Ray about the morning I was born. I was born in Campton Kentucky
in Dr. Maddix clinic about six thirty a.m. and that evening mom went home with me and my grandma Brewer. In those days there was no central heat in that old two story farm house and the only heat was a stone fireplace with grate, and it was the front room as well as my grandma,s bedroom. Mom told Kenny Ray how that night she and I shared the big old feather bed with my Grandma.I think Maybe that is why my mother and grandma Brewer mean so much to me. I was the last of the grandma Brewers grandchildren to spend their first night in that old house. In a handmade feather bed and under a handmade quilt and kept warm with love.
I am a very lucky man my life started with the love of my mother and my grandma,
and as I go to bed tonight I am am still kept warm from the love of my wife and son, and still the love of my mother. And my grandma who I know watches from Heaven.
Life is like an alarm clock, you can only wind one time and you do know when it will quit. so tell that some one you love them. you may not get another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment