For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The great Wiffle bird of Bainbridge

Have you ever seen a Wiffle bird? You might may not know it.My Dad always teased Kenny Ray about seeing a Wiffle bird while sitting on the porch of the cabin. Just what is a Wiffle bird you ask? You only see them when the wind is blowing hard as they are any bird that fly backwards,
but they try to fly forward, the wind either holds them in one spot are they drift backwards.
We usually see them allot at the cabin on top of the mountain as the winds seems to always be blowing in fact we have joke about the cabin being blown to Kansas or Oz.Tari thought Kenny Ray had lost his mind on afternoon as she and him were traveling down the highway and he hollered a mom look a Wiffle bird. She said that is a hawk and he argued no it's not ask Dad, Grandpa said when you see a bird fly backwards it is a Wiffle bird. She said did your Grandpa tell you that, well that explains it.
Speaking of birds I play a joke on my nephews and Kenny Ray that Uncle Ken and Dad always did to me. Dad, Uncle ken and I where going to Kentucky one day. As we were traveling down the mountain parkway we seen a bunch of Buzzards flying circles up ahead of us and Uncle Ken turned toward me in the back seat and Beach you better lay down and hide as the Buzzards are looking for something dead , ugly and stinking they fly right into this car after you. Ha ha we all laughed and till this day whenever I see Buzzards I tell who ever is with me to hide

No comments:

Post a Comment