For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Friday, July 23, 2010

My first attempt's at keeping a journal

I have mentioned that I have kept a journal of hunting and fishing thru the years. Tari found my first one that I started the other day. I have been reading thru them.They were very simple at first and now have evolved into writing them for everyone on my blogs. Here is the very first one I wrote.

Saturday May 28 1988

time 6pm til Sunday May 29 at 9am

I was with brother in law Rick and father in law Richard

Place Fort Laramie state park

moon was full

day temps 80 degrees night mid 60 's

we caught 16 fish total kept 7 catfish biggest fish caught 4lb blue cat {Kenny caught}

You see very simple and to the point. all I was after was trying to see if a pattern developed.

Saturday November 18 1989 Bainbridge

Uncle Ken and I hunted with new dogs. J.J.and Lonesome. Uncle Ken and me partners in dogs

they cost us 325.00 dollars and they have papers. we had Spike with us at Mennonite farm we had six races. I got one and Uncle Ken got one and we both missed one. Deer hunting next week

{good dogs}

Just a little more of a story, I like them much better as a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment