For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Goodnight from the front porch of paradise

There is nothing I enjoy more than sitting on the front porch of my cabin. And tonight has been special, as I have been sitting here since about nine thirty p.m. With a fine cigar and a glass of Wild Turkey Rare Breed, straight Kentucky Bourbon and Kenny Ray’s Beagle hound, Jack at my feet, and he his snoring a little. Kenny Ray is in bed asleep. There is a quarter moon and the sky is full of stars and to the south I can see a storm moving in, as there are flashes of lightening across the every few minutes. I have some bluegrass music playing a mix that I made some of my favorites. At this moment in time the world is perfect. It is past my bedtime as it is now twelve twenty a.m. and the fog has started to roll in and I must say goodnight to the frogs that have been singing along with Sweet Appalachia. I hate to go as I enjoy it so. But I look forward to the morning sunrise, as I will be on the porch with a cup of strong black coffee to greet the beginning of a new day just as I said goodnight to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment