For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Rabbit hunting with God

Was out running ole Jack last night,Kenny Ray's beagle hound in about 10 inches of snow that fell here Friday and Saturday, It was beautiful evening. Jack got up 3 rabbits and we had a couple of good race's. while i was waiting on Jack after he had lost the scent it happened for the second time this season. Complete silence so deafening it made my ears hurt. I mean no sound at all no birds no wind complete stillness. the first time was during deer season it came a big snow down at the farm Kenny ray and I were in the tree house and complete silence again. even Kenny Ray
was quiet . and after a few minutes he looked at me and said " my ears are hurting dad it's so quiet". I told him mine were too . This time I was by myself and I started to pray and thank God, for all of my blessings. When I am in the woods and hunting by myself I feel like I am one on one with God. The silence,the sunset . the snow covered trees , all of Gods beautiful world,and I am just a small part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment