For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My name is Kenny Ray

Went to visit my uncle Ken Sunday afternoon and his great grandaughter was there with him. Her name is Leanna and she was a little scared of me at first but soon warmed up. She asked my name and I told her my name is Kenny,she looked at Her pappa
and said that is your name pappa. He said yes it is. she then turned to my son Kenny
Ray and sked hime his name and he said Kenny and she no that his name, and she looked at her pappa again, and he told that was true his name was Kenny also.
It was funny to see her perplexed. You see my Uncle Ken and his brother my father had a deal that they made when they were young that which ever one of them had a son
first would use the first of the brother and the father's middle name.So that is how
my name came to be Kenneth Ray. And Kenny Ray is named after both of them and me at the same time.My Uncle never had any children of his own only a step child so there never was a Porter Hurl Brewer. Maybe Kenny Ray will have two son's one Kenny Ray and a Porter Hurl. The story of how I got my name has always meant alot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment