For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ain't it funny how the night moves

I went fishing yesterday evening by myself which does not happen very often. Kenny Ray had gone to the pool and Tari finishing laundry and packing for boy scout summer camp as she a chaperon for Kenny Ray's troop. They do not leave until next Sunday but she like to have it all done ahead time. Any way I went to the cigar shop and got me a couple of cigars and left for the lake. When I got to the lake there was only one other person there, and he left soon after. I baited up my poles and fired up a stogie. about a half hour before dark I noticed on of favorite things about Gods world, a thunder storm was moving in . I could see the lightening light up the clouds but could hear no thunder, as well as an occasional steak of lightning move across the sky.
I set there watching my poles , and a channel catfish kept chasing minnows toward the bank. I watched as a raccoon chase a flock of geese into the water. I had forgotten how much I loved night fishing. Jr. Hackathorne would take little Ronnie and me down to the Ohio river a couple times each summer and fish all night, then go beach combing in the morning. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich never tasted so good after sitting up all night. I think the best parts of the trips was the story telling that went on. As I continued sitting and remembering , and watching the sky and the
lightening it dawned on me Hey dummy it's going to rain here in a few minutes so I gathered up my stuff and started toward the truck at about 10 pm. I sat on the tailgate looking up at the sky and finished my cigar I started singing that Bob Seger song Night moves, I woke last night to the sound of the thunder, how far off I sat and wandered .

No comments:

Post a Comment