For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Turkey fly by

Saturday morning me and the little boy where fishing at the pond down on the farm.
he and I sat down together side by side and fished and talked and joked for a better part of an hour. When all of sudden i heard some clucking and yelping up on the grass field next to the road, I said son you hear that it is a turkey, and about that time it flew up over the fence and right over our heads it could not have been more than 2 or 3 foot over our heads. I told him that must be the hen that Uncle Ken
seen up here last week she must be nesting in the small field, I wander what got her up, It may have been that fox we seen a couple of days ago I said. She landed just a few feet behind us in the woods and went to clucking again. Son we need to leave so that she will go back to her nest, and Kenny Ray said ok dad. As we walked back to the cabin I thought how blessed I was that my son enjoyed the simple things like catching fish and shooting the breeze with his old man, And appreciating little surprises that God gives us seeing a deer , fox and even being given a turkey fly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment