For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Big game and Kenny Ray's birthday


Well last night Kenny Ray and I started our big game hunt for night crawlers, as we started out the door Tari was behind me and said she was going too. I figured she was just going to watch but she ended up catching more than me and Kenny Ray both.
I am sure the neighbors though we were crazy sneaking thru the yard at 11.30 at night with a flash light. We did not do as well as i had hoped, we should have watered the yard more, we will try again Saturday night.Today was my little boy's birthday, 13 years old so we went down to the farm to celebrate by mowing grass and fishing. We went down to the pond { honey hole} and on Tari's first cast when the bobber hit the water it went straight under, she set the hook and started yelling for me to come and help. By the time I got to her she had it on the bank.Now she has caught some fish before but nothing of this size probably 4or 5 pounds. She was so excited she said she had to pee.She ended up beating me and the little boy on his birthday.Tari caught 3cats about the same size and a couple of bass.Kenny Ray caught a couple of bass and bluegill's even had one bass jump out of the water and spit the bait at him. For a while I did not think we would get to go fishing as we sat on the porch of the cabin and listened and watched a storm move around the ridge, it did rain in town while we went down to eat dinner , it poured like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock, but it never rained a drop up at the cabin. we ran out of bait about dark and went back to the cabin and had some birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment