For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A baby , moonshine and a trooper

Kenny Ray was asking his mother yesterday about what time he was born and who was at the Hospital, what time was Monica born? Monica is his cousin that he share his birthday with, she turned 21 yesterday and at the time he was born she and her brother Matthew lived with me and Tari. As Tari was telling the answer to his questions, I remembered that night Monica was born that I was the night I thought I would go to jail.
I had been in Kentucky that day with my mother we had went down to decorate the graves of
my grandparents and visit a while with everyone. My uncle Earl had a gift for me a quart of moonshine which I had requested. Mom and I got a late start back home and it was about 11.30 pm when I dropped her off at her house in Ft Wright , Kentucky about and hour and 40 minutes from my home in Beavercreek Ohio. I called Tari from mom's house to let her know where I was at, she never sleeps when I am gone.While on the phone she told me to hurry that her sister Rhonda was at the hospital in labor and wanted me to take her there as soon as I got home. Now in those day's I never followed the speed limit much anyways and I drove a truck with a full gun rack .Well I started home and about half way home I got pulled over for speeding , as I was reaching for my wallet the state trooper must of though I was pulling a gun as pulled his and demanded I put my hands in the air, I did he then asked me what I was doing and I told him I was getting my wallet, he then asked me if I had any more guns in the truck I told him no.
He then told me to open door and step out of the truck, which I did and as I was getting out I seen the quart of moonshine laying in the seat next to me, I though great I am going to jail.
The officer then ask me to step back to his cruiser and get in the passenger seat which I did.
When he got in he asked where are going in such a hurry I clocked you doing 90 mph . I told him my wife's sister was having a baby and wanted me home to take her to the hospital to take her to be with her sister. He told me slow down as he handed me back my license . I have often wandered why he never even looked inside my truck that night and what would of happened if he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment