For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kenny Ray hooked on night fishing

I finally got to take Kenny Ray night fishing, we tried Friday night we got to the lake but forgot to take the lantern. I am glad we did because I think to night turned out better. It is 1:30 am Sunday morning as I write this we just finished filleting
4 nice channel catfish. I caught one and Catfish Ken, as the little boy now wants to be called caught 3 with the biggest going 4 lbs. He is now hooked on night fishing, sitting by the lantern and shooting the breeze and watching the poles. The temperature here today reached 91 degrees, when we left the lake this morning about 68 degrees. Catfish Ken wants to build a fire next time. We used lighted bobbers this evening, the first time I have ever used them, but it will not be the last. We seen the coolest thing I have ever seen fishing , Catfish Ken was useing my pole with a yellow lighted bobber, while we were watching and talking that big catfish just took the bait and pulled the bobber about a foot under water and ran probably 20 yards causing that bobber to look like the water was on fire. I actually hollered at Kenny Ray , son grab it , it's going straight to hell. The fish gave him a great battle and topped off a great first night of fishing. Kenny Ray asked me why we never night fished before as this was a great father, son moment. I said I tried once before when he was 5 but he did not have the patience, and it had not crossed my mind again until last week. About 12:30am we ran out of bait and headed home as we had fish to fillet. We are planning on next Saturday night to go again as there is a tournament at the club. Well I am off to the shower as Catfish Ken just got out and wants a hug goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment