For my son and grandsons

This blog is for future generations to look at and try to understand a way of life that has disappeared in one generation. A life of simplicty and a life of adventure that only
can come from living with nature.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A barn dance and a stoved up body

I woke up this morning all stoved up and I will have some Advil with my second cup of coffee.I took Thursday and Friday off from work to spend some time with Tari and Kenny Ray for their birthdays as they are this week, Tari today and the little boy
his is Friday. We started Thursday by getting Kenny Ray his bow repaired and then going out to Greene county fish and Game where he practiced with his bow on the archery range, it amazed how one little piece could improve his shooting, but it did.
He now wants to shoot an apple off of my head, I do not think so. We then went fishing and he beat me fishing he caught 2 nice catfish.On Friday we had a picnic out at the club and we all went fishing, Tari hooked two fish and the line broke on both pole she was using, may have to change line on poles. She wants to catch a big fish
real bad as she has caught one just small bluegills.On Saturday the pool finally opened and I got to take them swimming,Kenny Ray has been chomping at the bits to go
since they all closed last fall.My sister Lisa and nephews Dave and Dan went with us.
But my present to Tari is what has me sore this morning, I took her, Lisa and my Mom
and after many arguments and the threats of grounding the boys to a barn dance.
The dance was a local park Carriage hill farms , they had a bluegrass band by the name of a the Corndrinkers. Well we had a blast even the boys had a great time, there must of been a about a 100 people there and over half of them teenagers
and most of them girls so the boys had a really enjoyed themselves.It was very refreshing to see young people with no tattoos no ear rings sticking out of their
faces and they had clothes on and they were no under ware hanging out. We danced for
2 and half hours Tari and Lisa danced every dance, but every one's favorite dance was the Virginia Reel. It always makes me happy to see my family smile and laugh, and the smile's on old and young face's alike enjoying simple country ways. One of my favorite parts was sitting there with my mother and watching all those young girls trying to teach boys to waltz, I finally told one young man " buddy it will be easier if you just let her lead that's what I have to do to dance with my wife".
When it was over and we were walking back to the truck the boys asked when is the next barn dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment